Now that summer is in full swing, so is the fishing!
Come down to the shop before you head out and pick up some flies and get the most current information on your choice of water.
The water is warming. From 70 degrees and up. This makes it tough on fish if caught.
- Damsels, Callibaetis, and Dragons are all important at this time of the year.
- The two fly system with leech patterns and damsels or callibaetis are effective.
EAST AND PAULINA
Both have cooler water.
- Callibaetis, chironomids, and damsels are important.
- Leech and streamer or bugger patterns are effective as well.
- Rufus patterns are important also.
- Midge patterns - buggers - streamers - boobies - and rufus patterns are all good choices.
BIG LAVAStill fishing well.
- Try damsels - callibaetis - buggers - rufus.
- Cooler water is coming in from the Odell channel. Lava flow area and reed beds are good for bass.
- Quickly losing water. 60% full and dropping. Sheep Bridge area and Davis Arm area good for fly guys.
- Between Little Lava and Crane Prairie: a good spot for brookies and rainbows. Beautiful stream.
- Below Wickiup to Sunriver: a pretty good fishery for nice browns and rainbows.
- Flies: Caddis - PMDs - Streamers - Attractor dries like Lady Di's
- Cool water in this spring creek. It has trouble holding rainbows after they are stocked. Many fish are put in so you have a shot at some fish.